- We are committed to helpful, knowledgeable and compassionate interaction with all we serve.
- We identify with the feelings and emotions of our patients.
- We treat all animals and clients with concern and consideration and promise to be non-judgmental.
- We follow low-stress handling techniques and keep calming diffusers all throughout the hospital.
- We understand the concern of our clients.
- We form bonds with our pet parents and are sympathetic in the most difficult times.
About Brighton-Eggert Animal Clinic
At Brighton-Eggert Animal Clinic we offer a broad spectrum of diagnostic procedures through in-house testing and the use of external laboratories. We also work closely with local practices when special diagnostic procedures are required. The facility includes a well-stocked pharmacy, in-hospital surgery suite, in-house x-ray capabilities and a closely supervised hospitalization area.
We strive to offer not only sound advice, but also optimal veterinary care, thus allowing you the enjoyment of your companion for a maximum number of years. Our job is not only to treat your pet when he or she isn't feeling well, but also to help you learn how to keep your best friend happy and healthy. You should not have to compromise when choosing treatment for your loved ones, including pets. We strive to provide you with the best quality care for your pet at an affordable cost because we don’t believe it should have to be one or the other.
To provide superior and timely veterinary care for dogs and cats emphasizing preventative medicine delivered in a manner that supports and enhances the bond between responsible pet owners and their canine and feline family members.
We endeavor to provide that care in a setting that offers separate but attached cat and dog clinics to reduce the stress pets endure when presented for veterinary care.
- We strive to exceed expectation in all that we do by being present, showing empathy and taking action.
- Triage capable staff who do not turn away emergencies or walk ins.
- We accomplish more as a team than as individuals.
- As individuals we will treat each other respectfully and communicate to effectively achieve the highest level of teamwork.
- We readily offer praise and appreciation for our hard-working team members.
- We believe that happy employees will offer the best to our clients.
- We are active listeners and quick responders to client feedback.
- Separate dog and cat sides
- Extensive surgical options including orthopedic repairs
- State of the art equipment including digital x-ray and ultrasound
- More convenient hours of operation with urgent care and walk ins
- Behavior consultant
- Trim tales club and puppy/kitten education
- Senior wellness check-ups and education
- Dedicated refill request line and Online pharmacy
- Retail shop with food and toys
- Accepts care credit and all major credit cards
- Complete facilities including: fully equipped surgical suite, dedicated and self supporting isolation ward and in house pharmacy and laboratory
- Updated anesthesia protocols
- Highest level of research-proven vaccines as standard
- Driven by modern medicine and supported by new technology
- We strive to be thorough in everything we do with all of our patients: accurate, clean, pain free and precise.
- By increasing and sharing our knowledge, we will be better tomorrow than we are today.
- Pet Emergency Fund program to assist with emergency veterinary care
- Active sponsor for local community events
- Active participant with local schools and businesses
- We host preceptorships and interns for local colleges
- We network with our neighbors
- On-going supporter of local rescues and shelters organizations
- Active Facebook page with helpful information for clients and non-clients alike
- Donate services to the WNY food bank annually
At Brighton-Eggert Animal Clinic, we are always glad to accept resumes from enthusiastic, hard-working, dependable, team oriented people who wish to join our team of veterinary health care professionals. Contact us to learn more today!
Please email, mail or drop off your resume to:
Brighton-Eggert Animal Clinic
2880 Sheridan Drive
Tonawanda, NY 14150
Responsibilities include scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, setting up new clients and patients, preparation and maintenance of medical records, admitting and discharging patients, filling some prescriptions, over the counter sales, mailings, computer operation, financial transactions, filing, and front office and reception area maintenance. Receptionists will assume the responsibility for acquiring the medical and legal information necessary for the performance of their duties.
Technicians are responsible for hospital maintenance, assisting the doctors, laboratory procedures, radiology, client communication, medical procedures, pharmacy, operation and maintenance of instruments and equipment, inventory, daily treatment of hospitalized patients, rehabilitation, assisting in the operating room and maintenance of the OSHA and Hazardous Materials programs. NYS License is a requirement.
Assistants are responsible for assisting the doctors and technicians in patient care, client education, animal handling, prescription filling, and hospital maintenance.